Things to avoid – as they negatively affect our heat-energy or cause damage to our organs or tissues at the symptom location. Again, the term “five precepts” is not used by Dr Chang. It is another informal term OPM students borrowed from Buddhism to signify the importance of avoiding external & internal factors/conditions that weaken the body further to produce the symptom of disease.
* Avoid cold/chilling/cooling foods and drinks, including fruit juice diet, raw food diet, processed foods
* Avoid stress, negative mental state & physical exhaustion
* Avoid chilling/cooling medication & treatment (cold compress, etc)
* Avoid surgical operations & invasive investigative procedures
* Avoid heat-energy depleting cancer treatments like surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy and many others.